Jumat, 19 Juli 2019

You Must Avoid These 20 Foods If You Are a Diabetic

Diabetes is a serious disease which can be controlled if you’re willing to change your lifestyle and dietary habits. For diabetics, the choice of food is very important, as many foods have a high glycemic value that can worsen their condition. And it’s not just about the sugar – some foods are full of carbs and fats as well, which can cause a spike in your blood sugar levels and harm your health. Here are 20 foods you must avoid if you’re a diabetic:



Nachos

Nachos are full of calories and fat – a serving of the snack has 830 calories, 59 gr. of fat and 39 gr. of carbs, so make sure to stay away from them if you’re a diabetic.

Hamburger

The most popular type of fast food is rich in saturated fats which can increase your cholesterol levels. However, before you eliminate it from your diet, you should check the nutritional values – according to the American Heart Association, you can eat hamburgers if the saturated fat doesn’t exceed 7% of the total calories daily.

Pizza

Everyone’s favorite food is sadly not exactly healthy – pizza is full of calories and can worsen your condition if you’re a diabetic. However, there is a solution! Just pick healthy toppings such as fresh veggies and you can still enjoy it.

Flour, bread, white rice

Pasta, bread and rice have a high carb content which can cause problems in your digestive system. The better solution is to switch to whole grains (oatmeal, barley) and pick brown rice for your meals instead of white.

Dried fruit

If you’re suffering from type 2 diabetes, you should avoid dry fruit. Dry fruit is rich in fiber so people think that it’s a healthy option, but the fruit is rich in natural sugars as well, which can cause a spike in your glucose levels. Stay away from dried fruit if you want to control the disease.

Chinese food

Chinese food is rich in sodium, carbs and fats and will cause a spike in your blood sugar levels. You should especially avoid the dishes that come with a sugary sauce, orange chicken or sweet and sour dishes.

Flavored water

Flavored water often contains hidden carbs or sugar, which is why it should be avoided.

Full-fat dairy products

These products significantly increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases as they are rich in saturated fats. If you’re a diabetic, avoid consuming full-fat yogurt, cream cheese and ice cream as they can increase insulin resistance. If you must eat them, go for the low-fat variety.

Breakfast pastry

Muffins, pastry, doughnuts and cinnamon rolls are full of sugar, carbs and fat, and all of them are made from white flour. These products are also rich in sodium and trans fats, which is why you should go for the sugarless and fat-free option.

Fatty meat

Fatty meat cuts can increase your cholesterol levels and cause inflammation. They are also rich in saturated fats which are not good for diabetics. Instead of fatty meat, go for protein-rich meat such as fish, chicken and lean beef.

Fried foods

Fried foods are highly unhealthy – potato chips, fried chicken and French fries are usually deep fried and use a lot of oil which adds more calories. In restaurants, fried foods are made with hydrogenated oils rich in trans fats which add more fuel to the fire.

Blended coffees

The toppings in blended coffees such as whipped cream or syrups contain unhealthy ingredients which are unfit for diabetics.

Melons and bananas

Fruits contain vitamins, minerals, fiber, natural sugars and carbs, so you should consume them moderately. Bananas, melons and some other fruits may increase your blood sugar levels, so make sure to stay away from them.

Alcohol

Alcohol is your enemy if you’re a diabetic, so drink moderately (1-2 drinks per day).

Commercial smoothies
Smoothies are fine as long as you prepare them from selected ingredients at home. Purchased smoothies contain too much sugar and are served in extra-large portions as well, which is why you should avoid them.



Fruit juice
Although healthy, not all fruits are fit for diabetics, and fruit juices are even worse. They contain concentrated sugar which can cause a spine in your glucose levels and worse your condition.

Processed meat

Processed meats and foods are rich in sodium which can increase the risk of heart attack and cardiovascular diseases. If you’re diabetic, eat meats low on sodium and avoid toppings full of fats and carbs.

Sugary treats

Sugary foods and treats are out of the question if you’re a diabetic. Desserts, sodas, candy and sweets contain a huge amount of sugar which can only make you feel worse.

Energy bars

Millions of people love energy bars and consider them healthier than chocolate bars, but the truth is that they contain too much sugar and carbs which can increase your blood sugar levels. If you must eat them, try finding energy bars with a minimum amount of fats and sugar.

Cereal

Cereal is the favorite breakfast of many people, but it is usually coated with sugar to obtain a sweet taste. Some varieties have added sugar as well which can only make things worse.

You can live a normal life with diabetes if you stick to healthy foods and manage your blood sugar levels. Besides staying physically active, you need to eat a healthy diet and avoid the aforementioned foods.


4 komentar:

  1. I want to use this golden opportunity to say thanks to Chief Dr Wealthy for curing my ( DIABETES VIRUS) with his Herbal Medicine. i have being suffering from DIABETES Virus for 5 years now,and since then was using drug over which keep me till today,but one day as I was surfing through the Internet I met a post about a lady who was cured for DIABETES by Chief Dr Wealthy so I decided to give it a try to see if he could save my life Luckily for me I was cured by him. I cannot stop thanking him for what he has done for me if you are into similar problem you can contact him via email: wealthylovespell@gmail.com

    Chief Dr Wealthy have cure for any types of disease blows, call or Whats App +2348105150446.

    BalasHapus
  2. I want to share this wonderful testimony to the Good people all over the world on how I was able to Enlarge my Penis by Dr. zubby. I was living a shameful life from my young age, just last month as I was browsing on the internet about Penis size and Enlargement Products, I saw a testimony of a Man called George , testifying of how he was able to get his penis Enlarged by Dr. zubby and I decided to also Email Dr.zubby for my small penis size and he quickly respond to me and gave me the normal instructions which i did and then he shipped the product to me here in the united state which i received in just 3 working days and today i am very happy because i started seeing positive changes in my penis size in just 7 days of use. Dr zubby herbal product is the best recommended for you and to whom ever suffering from this shame or having any other diseases as well should Contact this great herbal doctor via his Email : dr.zubbysolutionhome@gmail.com and WhatsApp Him on   +2348070673249

    BalasHapus
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    BalasHapus
  4. Hello Everyone out there,I am here to give my testimony about a Herbalist doctor who helped me . I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2011, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the river side thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS and gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him at {oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com}
    or whatsapp him number: +2349038382931..

    BalasHapus